Nathanisms

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Whatcha' talkin' 'bout?

So, today I walk into work and a customer asks for a sample and then a sandwich from our menu. Nothing out of the ordinary, right?!

I tell her it will be a few minutes. Then, outta nowhere as I'm handing her the sandwich in a to go box, she said:

"You're that SURLY VEGAN who made a remark about me not liking the oatscream because it was not sweat enough!"

Whoa, what! I was so caught off guard. Blank stare and then I spoke: "Oh, I didn't mean it (thinking to myself how I rarely tell people (aka customers at work) I'm Vegan, unless they are and have questions).

Riiight, that was wierd...

Now that I look back maybe it's because she asked earlier if we still had sandwiches as she was pointing to the sandwich sign and I said: "We would have taken the sign down if we didn't have them."

SURLY VEGAN!

I kinda' like the sound of that...

2 Comments:

At Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Surly vegan, indeed. When I'm talking to telemarketers, they instantly know that I'm vegan!

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Joseph Lee said...

yes...you are quite the surly vegan, vegan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home