Nathanisms

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another installment of the crazies

An Ode to the Crazy (think they're a Czar) Customer:

This one (shorter version of my manager, in terms of looks) is trying to find organic cheddar cheese, right. So I point them out and she recognizes one of the brands and states, "Oh, the packaging changed." I continue on and then I get to one that is made from raw milk. She goes off, "When I do a kinesiology test, you know pressing it with my finger, I know it's not good for me."

"Oooookay then," I think to myself. She continues on describing in detail what happens when it gets to her stomach, etc. "Please stop," I think.

I say this once she's finished, "Well, for hundreds of years cheese had been made that way and only until recently was milk pasteurized to make cheese as we know it."

She goes on with her know it all attitude, "If you did a test on yourself it wouldn't do well in your body either."

My dry response, "I don't eat cheese, I'm vegan."

She chides, "Well, it still wouldn't do well in your system (if you did, what I described would likely happen to you)."

I think to myself: I don't care, I wouldn't try your silly test anyway, 'cus I know that 2/3 of the world becomes intolerant to lactose around age 2-4, and do most of us listen? Nope! We're the only mammal on earth that continues to drink milk after being weaned from the bottle, not to mention milk related products man has created. There are groups of people all over the earth, that have not been touched by our "civilized world" and they have eaten less than 1.5% of their food from animal sources for millennia. A good example would be the Hunzas of the Himalayas, and they typically live to 100-120 and almost never have problems of cancer and arthritis and heart attack and high blood pressure and other "normal" diseases and illnesses!

No, I didn't go off on her, but I wish I could've, but... she's the type of person who wouldn't "listen" anyhow and is simply not worth my time.

In response I calmly said as politely as possible, "Okay." and then walked away and I decided to blog her instead, Ha, ha, hahhhhhhhhh.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:26:00 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

you're f-ing hilarious!!! i got lots of good laughs.

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Joseph Lee said...

you seem to come across a lot of know it all types...like the dental assistant and now the cheese lady. just give em a good smack on the head. no...really...just one god smack on the head will do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home